Norman L. Dudley, 53, of Buchanan, was charged with attempted murder, shooting into a dwelling and possession of a firearm by a felon on June 18 following an incident the evening of June 17 near Buchanan.
According to the Botetourt Sheriff’s Office, an emergency call came in from Fringer Trail at 6:45 p.m., originally as a fight. One of the callers told dispatch that someone was talking about getting a gun, the there were reports of shots fired.
The first officer to answer the call got a description of a vehicle that the subject was supposed to be in and stopped it and go the subject out until other officers arrived and to see what was going on.
Evidence showed three shots were fired a rifle into a dwelling house. There was reportedly one person in front of house and someone inside when Dudley allegedly fired the shots.
“It was an argument that escalated into physical contact and a firearm was introduced,” the Sheriff’s Office reported. No one was injured from gunfire. As of Monday, no assault charges had been filed for the fight.
The Botetourt County Sheriff’s Office also reported the following arrests:
- William M. Law III, 48, of Fincastle, drunk in public, June 14
- Kristopher G. Martin, 36, of Troutville, drunk in public, possession of marijuana, June 16
- Tyler M. Dwier, 27, of Fincastle, brandishing a firearm, June 17
- Meghan C. Dennis, 26, of Troutville, drunk in public, June 17
- Robert J. Dennis, 26, of Troutville, drunk in public, June 17
- Wendy S. Guevara, 18, of Roanoke, driving under the influence-drugs, driving revoked, possession of marijuana, June 18
- Oscar J. Bucaro, 19, of Roanoke, drunk in public, possession of marijuana, June 18